Saturday, October 17, 2009

Loneliness

What is loneliness? Is it being afraid of being alone, or being afraid of being stuck with yourself? We must be born alone, and die alone. When you are alone, it kind of reminds you of the reality you must face. There is no comfort and nothing to hold onto, unless perhaps you are watching TV. You realize that even though your life may be intertwined with other beings, and you are part of the system of interconnectedness that makes up nature, you still have your own individual destiny to bear. No one can die with you, or suffer with you. They may be near you experiencing it, but you cannot be one with any one else's experience. No one experiences exactly what you experience. And when you die, you are going absolutely alone into the unknown. Sometimes at night, when you were a little kid, for comfort you went to your parents bedroom when you were afraid . Imagine what death will be like, everything you know is ripped away from you into oblivion, it no longer exists. There is no one to come with you, or tell you what it is like unless you are religious. You must discover everything for yourself. 
You are a unique being in the universe. And you are absolutely alone in your uniqueness. 

2 comments:

  1. That one was kind of spooky, but very true. I am a die hard romantic and I hope it is possible to find someone you can be together with mind, body and spirit. I think that is the way it is supposed to be. Even the Bible says it happens and marriage is supposed to be a ritual memorializing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very true. We need to face our individuality. We are so caught up in masses and learnt behavior that we isolate our innate qualities. I believe that When we are born we are intuitively concsious about birth and death because I guess.. now... that we experience this never ending shift between the two. we go.. we come back and go again.. but we forget this reality as we get entangled in worldy affairs and expectations. We just simply forget who we really are. Having said this I know that I'll steel feel vulnerable and lonely when there's no one to sit next to me but at least I'll try to remember where I came from and where I'll go and no one will hush me or sing me lullabies.. and ofcourse. No one to rock the cradle.

    ReplyDelete